Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2014 update on the Hales

Just to warn you, this is going to be a very long  and random post!!!! Containing short stories and pictures from January-June 2014!

We've been doing very well, coming up on our  1 1/2 mark in August. Boy how time flies! Jeff and I were really busy with school Spring semester. We hardly saw each other and it was pretty tough as I was taking 21 credits. I basically lived at the school...
U of U Piano Performance

The day before my final recital, I got food poisoning! The doctor told me there was no way I'd be able to make it the next morning as I was hooked up to an IV and very weak. Jeff and I said a prayer when we got home that night and the next morning was a miracle! I was still so weak, but I was able to play and pass!

JANUARYish------

Jeff had to work Christmas Eve  (nightshift) and Christmas this year so we decided to get a puppy to give me some company ;)
                                     This was Bailey when she was only a couple weeks old!



We have very much enjoyed this new addition to our family. She is a hilarious bottle of energy!



This is her Dad. I think she looks so much like him!

The only problem we've ever had with her happened at 11:00 PM on a school night! She got bit by something and her face swelled up like a balloon! Thank goodness for injections. 


Oh, and that one time we forgot to get her neutered.. 

Jeff and I love to make homemade popcorn and watch movies just about every night.. It was the only thing that would keep us sane during busy times in the semester. Also very cheap! ;)


FEBRUARY!!!!



Happy Valentines day! Jeff surprised me Valentines Day morning with this:



Then he worked all day (7-7), so I surprised him with his favorite meal. I'm lucky that his favorite spaghetti takes me only about 2 1/2 minutes to make ;) 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! February 9th! 
We drove to Anaheim California,

Went to Disneyland,



Went to the Beach,



and drove around looking for our dream home ;) 


Oh yes, and came home to eat our wedding cake! It was surprisingly really good. 



There was a baby born to the proud parents Brad & Missy! Our new nephew Jackson Scott Hale:


Happy Birthday to me! February 26th:


This is the only present I asked for :) We're currently on season 6.  

MARCH!!!!!

Got my hairs cut = mistake. Always. 



Jeff stayed home while I went to Watercolor, Florida with my family for Spring Break. We had a blast! 

Cute sister Hailey 


Leave it up to Marcus to do something funny ^ 
Beautiful beach!

My Brother and sister-in-law were apart for Spring semester as she was finishing her Bachelor's degree at BYUI. It was fun to have Jeff over for dinners and games!


SO.... THIS HAPPENED... !!! :)

Jeff is the hardest worker I know. So happy and proud of him for getting into the University of Utah Nursing School! 

APRIL!!!!


It was so fun to have my mom and sister in Utah for conference. We threw a baby shower for my sister, Courtney Schramm. Her baby is due end of June!! (currently waiting for her to go into labor any day now!) I am sooooo excited.





We took care of Bailey's mom for a few days. Not going to lie, it was more of a nightmare. The picture looks sweet, though!




Easters:


We bought this egg dying kit last year for Easter and finally used it! So fun. 

Went on a family walk to Sugarhouse Park :)

This is the best recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!! 




I held a piano recital for my students end of April during finals week. This way I could take off the month of May (after finals) and relax!!!!! 

Last day of Pedagogy!


MAY!!!!!



LAST DAY OF SPRING SEMESTER!!!!!! I think this was the 2nd happiest day of my life. 1st=Wedding day. Pictured after my performance in the Monster Concert. 


My cousinValerie had her sweet baby boy, Joseph. Jeff and I hung out in Provo all day while we were waiting for him to be born. 



Joseph Finlay

There have been a lot of babies born to close friends and relatives recently!! Pretty amazing!
Jackson Hale

Haha, I'm always the one taking pictures, so Jeff is always holding the babies.

Jack Donohoe

Mazer Zickgraf

We took a small trip to Grandpa's condo to celebrate the end of school! 


It was so beautiful and relaxing. 


Pineview Reservoir


Family night Tennis! Bay didn't seem to enjoy it..


A fun day of Golfing:


He's the pro. I'm the one who's hitting for the first time:




It has definitely been nice to have some time to hang out with friends again

Camille Cook

Cousins


JUNE!!!!!

I think I ran once during the whole Spring Semester....


I've been working hard this summer to feel in shape again! 



Been spending some more time in the kitchen lately..... Despite my drive to get in shape. 



Completely homemade!


One of our favorite meals.. Home made fries and fry sauce with burgers. 

Homemade Cafe Rio! Mmmmm....

Burnt Bacon and Avocado Salad :)

A random idea my sister and I had to make cakes.


I started a Summer Music Workshop where my students come once a week to learn improvisation/composition/theory/aural skills, etc. 


Spontaneous visit to Eagle, Idaho to go to the Eagle High End of Year Concert... and to hang out with my friend Danielle and her baby boy, Mazer! 


Jeff and I took Marcus to Efy 3 weeks ago:


Then I took Kellie to EFY last week: 


It was so much fun spending time with both of them! 

Marcus:

Lagoon

Estes-birthday dinner


Hearing him Play Piano for the first time. He's really good!

Typical Markie

Raging Waters visit

Fried Oreos

Cold Stone

Kellie:

Bailey wouldn't leave her side...

Playing with hair

Cheesecake Factory during girls night! It also made us sick..

Birthday

Sisters
She just left this afternoon :(


Jeff and I have a pass of all passes and visit raging waters whenever we can!!




Otter pops and Doritos for lunch! Make sure to pack every kind, Jeff. 


We went on our first camping trip together! It will definitely be an experience to remember! We borrowed my mother-in-law's jeep to get up the dirt road and ended up with an overheated mess! Luckily we found help and pushed and coasted down the mountain.


We still ended up camping over night

We had so much fun! Tin foil dinners and s'mores!

Beautiful scenery..
and luckily made it home! Prayers work!


It has been a fun road so far! We have been very blessed and are excited for the experiences that await us in the near future. 

LOVE, 
THE HALES































No comments:

Post a Comment